Monday, November 22, 2010

&beauty was everywhere.

This sight greeted me after a particularly troubling sleep.  

My mom woke me up at around 7:30 asking if Oliver wanted to take a look outside. I'm not sure if he did, but I sure did! I slipped my feet into my sister's crocs and stumbled outside while tugging on my winter jacket. I stumbled out into the snow, inwardly slapping myself for forgetting socks. It was cold! I managed to get a few quick shots, and I hope they're worth the frostbite on my feet :P


Question for photisters: This next photo was taken in manual mode at approx. 1/80 sec, F/16. I thought I had the shutter speed slow enough to get enough ambient light, as it wasn't even that dark out, but this is how it turned out..
Yuck.
Solutions?

Now this picture was taken that same morning and it doesn't do any justice to the amazing display God set out for us to enjoy. The hoarfrost was so huge it was literally hanging from the tree branches, and when the sun's light hit it it was like a million tiny mirrors were gracing each branch. It was absolutely breath taking!

I'll give one thing to absolutely frigid weather: it sure gives us amazing displays of beauty! I'm now wondering why I used to hate winter with such passion...even though it's sparse and cold, it still manages to be beautiful in its own unique way.

2 comments:

  1. Solutions....
    Tripod
    Lock Your Mirror(should say in the maual how to do it).
    And wired(or wireless remote)to keep camera shake down to a minimum.
    awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Totally didn't think J would comment here!
    I agree with him. Lower your shutter and put Oliver on a tripod.
    Also a F6.3 would have been ok.
    The remote is is a great idea too!
    If you're going for just moon pics try experimenting with your flash.
    Great pics! You have an awesome view! :)

    ReplyDelete